At Hurley Veterinary Hospital it is our priority to keep people and pets healthy. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread globally, we are taking appropriate precautions to address the outbreak by following guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC). Our current approach and response to COVID-19 is outlined below.
As a medical facility, all appointments will take place as scheduled but our hours of operation will be changing. Beginning 3/30/2020: Monday-Friday 8AM-6PM and Saturday from 8AM-1PM. We will continue to be closed on Sunday. The doctors will continue to be on call when the office is closed.
Please be advised of the following changes as we strive to stay open and continue to offer quality veterinary care for you and your pets.
- We will ask clients with scheduled appointments to wait in their vehicles/parking lot or front lawn and call when they arrive at HVH. A client care representative will check you in over the phone.
- After checking in a licensed technician or a veterinary assistant will come to your car to retrieve your pet. Your pet will be taken into the hospital for treatment and then returned to you when their exam is complete. The Doctor will call you after the examination to review their recommendations and any medication that may be prescribed.
- A client questionnaire is available to be completed prior to your appointment.
- If you are picking up medications or food for your pet please pay by credit card over the phone, we will bring the medication or food out to you.
In an effort to maintain the health of Hurley Veterinary Hospital’s staff and clients, we respectfully ask that you reschedule any appointments if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms or have exhibited signs within the past 72 hours. Clients under quarantine or with family members in quarantine must reschedule their appointment.
As a veterinary hospital, it is common practice for us to follow strict protocols regarding the control of infectious disease. In addition, we have implemented the following:
- Designating HVH as a temporary NO HANDSHAKE ZONE. Please don’t take offense if our staff members do not shake your hand upon arrival.
- Actively cleaning high touch surface areas such as doorknobs, counters, light switches, etc. with a disinfectant appropriate to fight against multiple viruses and bacteria.
- Center for Disease Control flyers have been posted throughout the hospital outlining techniques to help prevent the spread of germs.
- Continuing to follow the health and safety recommendations by the CDC, including washing your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, avoid touching the face, and advising employees to stay home if feeling unwell.
- Please try to maintain six feet distance from our staff when interacting with them
People with COVID-19 who are identified by public health officials as requiring home care and isolation should be advised to limit interaction with pets and other animals. Specifically, while these people are symptomatic, they should maintain separation from pets as they would with other household members, and avoid direct contact with pets, including petting, snuggling, being kissed or licked, and sharing food. Service animals should be permitted to remain with their handlers.
We can arrange to deliver needed food/medication to your door by utilizing our online store, https://hurleyvethospital.vetsfirstchoice.com/
You can schedule a virtual visit through our new app, Pet Pro Connect. You will be receiving an email invitation soon. If you would like more information, please call the office to speak with a staff member.
Given this rapidly developing situation, we will continue to monitor developments and update our course of action as new information becomes available through the CDC. We know it is a stressful time. If you have any questions, we are here to help.
Thank you for your cooperation,
The Staff at Hurley Veterinary Hospital